Oh the nights we have spent sneaking a peek at Ella through the crack of her doorway. There have been so many times that James and I quietly laugh hysterically as we watch her fight off sleep. She never wins, but she puts on a good show!
Tonight I put her to bed at 8:30 like usual. We rocked, she drank her bottle, I sang her our favorite songs and she drifted away. Then as soon as she was finished with her milk it was like she got a second wind. She sat up, giggled and smiled at me. She likes to touch my face and point to my eyes, nose and mouth. She kept pointing to each part and then my shirt. She is SO cute I couldn't help but indulge her.
Finally I told her she needed to lay down or I would have to just put her down in her crib. She kept on playing with me so I set her down in her crib. I was expecting for her to put the death grip on my neck and not let me go like she has been doing the past few nights. But she just let me set her down, rolled over and sat up. I told her "okay Ella, I love you, goodnight." She just sat there and was fine with me leaving. No crying or throwing a fit, just stayed in there happy as can be.
So an HOUR later I hear her talking! So I go in and peek to see what she was doing. She was standing up in her crib, holding her bumblebee pillow, her butterfly pillow and her birthday bear and putting them over her head. She was just babbling along putting up a good fight. About 30 minutes later the sandman finally won. Love my little one...
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment