Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The ZOO 6-15


On Tuesday we went to the zoo with Great Grammie Carole and Great Aunt Cherie. It turned out to be a very hot and humid day. Every one was impressed with how happy Ella was the whole time. She never complained about the heat. She stayed awake the whole time and was exhilarated by the animals and the people we saw. The very first thing we were lucky to see was the elephant bathing. At the end we got to touch the elephant! Ella pulled the elephants hair and made her move. She sure does love animals and pulling their hair.


We started out at the dolphin show. We were a little early so we could get a good seat. As the music was playing Ella and I were dancing. I was throwing her up in the air and moving her to the music. She was lovin it! So of course we were loving it too. Her smile is so infectious. I can't even write the right words to describe her joy and the happiness she spreads! Finally the show was starting. I sat her on my lap so she could see and man was she entertained. I had my Aunt Cherie video pieces of the show and then Ella watching. She was not quite 7 months old and sat on my lap and watched the 20 minute show completely in awe. I have some first graders who can't do that! She was mesmerized by the dolphins and how they jumped out of the water. I am such a sap too because I was fighting back tears because I was so impressed and excited at how excited she was. I am such a proud mommy.

At the zoo we got to see a lot of different animals including the cheetahs who were lounging in the shade like smart animals. We saw the giraffes this time too with Ella awake! Last time she fell asleep right before we got to the giraffes and I fed the giraffe with Ella asleep on my shoulder.





Before we left we went to have lunch. Grammie was impressed with how well she ate her food and how quickly! She is a good eater for sure!
Last we went to see the seals. The male seal was barking louder than I have heard. He must have wanted this other seal to get down off the rock and play but the other seal was having nothing to do with him. I carried Ella closer to the railing so she could see what all the commotion was about. The seal had stopped barking and then all of a sudden started up again. He was so loud and startled Ella so much that she pushed off the railing with her feet and back into me. It was too cute!
After a few hours in the hot hot sun it was time to go back home and get into the cool again. Perfect timing because once we hit the road, Ella hit the dust. She was out before we left the parking lot. A very successful and fun day with family. We are so lucky to have so many people so close to us so we can do things together. I know Ella is going to love it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment