Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Today Ella and I finally got another day to spend together. I am so happy that summer is here. She had a rough night last night waking up more than usual. She was crying in her sleep and got us both up at 11:30, 1:30, 3:00 and 5:30. She wouldn't nurse and didn't want a bottle either. Once she finally went back to sleep I was exhausted. Thankfully she slept until 8:45 but I was still tired. She is eating so much now. She had 8 tablespoons of oatmeal and banana cereal this morning. That is two bowls full! This is her favorite cereal and she prefers it to a bottle in the morning by far.
She started to act tired around 10:30 so I laid her down but there was no way she was going to sleep. So after about 30 minutes and me taking a shower, I picked her back up to play. We went over to Nonnie's house to check on Yankee and make sure she was still alive. Yankee decided to eat an ant killer dome this morning and my mom wanted to make sure she didn't die from it...so we checked and she was just fine. While at Nonnie's house, Ella decided she was finally ready to take a nap, so she fell asleep for about an hour in her crib there.
At 1:00 we went on a road trip, because I got lost, to Katie's house. It was Donita's retirement party. Donita was my mentor when I began teaching and it was so special to share that time with her and introduce her to Ella. When we finally got there Ella was so excited. She cried a little at Donita's booming voice but quickly cheered up when she saw all the other kids there. She was so excited! She was reaching out to touch the other kids. Ava is 13 months now and walking like a pro. She was sharing toys with Ella and Ella was very happy to shake the rattles and try to crawl to other toys.
We saw Lori, Carey, Cari, Amanda, Anita, Allison, Vicki, Meredith, Katie, Donita, Monica, Nikki, Holly, Sandy, Virginia, Apryl and Lisa. So many new faces for miss Ella to meet! Apryl's daughter, Olivia, was such a good helper, helping me change Ella's diaper and playing with her too.
While we were there Ella ate a Stage 2 Sweet Potato and a bowl of cereal. No problem with her eating at all! She was so well behaved. She finally started getting sleepy at 4:30 so off we went back home.
When we got home we were pleasantly surprised to see Daddy home early and to see that the CD of all her 6 month pictures from the IMA were here!!
Every day she does something more. It is simply amazing to watch her grow. I can't believe she is almost crawling all over and that she has even started. 2 more weeks and she will be 7 months old. How is that possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment