Friday: James and I went to Carb day. It was nice to be together but I definitely missed my little one. When Ella was at Nonnie’s house she rolled over in crib and was trying to get her pacifier by scooting on her belly and putting her mouth over the top of it.
Saturday: We left at 11:30 to Chicago. It was time to go see Stef and Danny to celebrate their marriage. I was a little nervous about the long ride there but she was absolutely perfect in the car ride for all 4 hours there. She was wonderful when we got there. She was laughing at herself and maybe the pictures of Stef and Danny too. She was personable with the other little babies there and was content playing on a blanket in the grass. She was a great girl for 4 hours. Right as we needed to leave she started to get sleepy and fell asleep at 6:15 in the car. She stayed asleep until 9 and then woke up for an hour and then fell right back asleep until we got to steak n shake. On our way home, at seriously around 11, Dustin called James and "we" decided to go over and watch the fight. James promised me it would be over by midnight. He is crazy and I am crazier for listening to him and letting him talk me into taking us and our little baby somewhere at 11 pm after 8 hours in the car and spending all day in Chicago.
She was happy and awake for a little while, but when it was almost 1 and still no main fight we were ready to go. James and Dustin were playing pool so we went over to them to tell them it was time to get going home. Then James yelled because he missed a shot and he scared her to death. She started to scream and then it was REALLY time to go. She fell asleep when we got home at 1am and slept until 7, woke up, drank a bottle and then was out again until 10.
On Sunday we went over to Frat boys to swim for the FIRST time at 1:30 with Nonnie, Mamaw, Erin, Gabe, Cathy and Liz. Loved it! Ella floated on her back while I held her head. I even let go over her body and just held her head and she still floated! I had seen stuff on the news about survival swimming and how it is natural for babies to float but I was really shocked. She even loved being in her floating crab. Another thing I could not believe was that she fit in her 18 month swimsuit that Alissa got her. It was a little big on her but not by much!
While in the pool we kept going, "bouncy bouncy" and bouncing up and down in the pool. I got lots of big smiles from this. Erin and I tried to decide if we should dunk her under but I was not so sure I could do that yet. It was my fault because I was being wishy washy about it but next she let her head back a little while floating and went under half way, swallowed some water, cried for about 5 seconds and then was fine again. I felt really bad about it but just reassured her and she was okay.
Also while at Cathy’s she was on her belly going for my sunglasses. She got up on her hands and knees and took one or two crawl steps forward and then fell on her face! It was so exciting, not the falling on her face part but the crawling part. She is so close to just going!
Overall the whole day we were at Cathy’s from 1:30 to 8:18. It had been a very long day with no nap so Mamaw took her to her house. While she left she was crying and she apparently cried for an hour. Just as I was about to call to check on her Mamaw called. I immediately went to get her and she was still crying. So we got in the car and I sang her my made up Ella songs and put her to bed. She fell right asleep at 9:30. It is good to feel like the mama can fix it all!
For the past 4 days she has been sleeping 10 hours in a row. But, she is only nursing now in the mornings. This makes me very sad and I feel useless as a mom. I just had it in my mind so much that I would nurse her for a year. She has decided on her own though that she was done. I blame some of it on being back at work and not being with her. Also it sucks trying to pump at work. I have to lock my door, turn off the lights, and hide behind a pocket chart. So uncomforable. I also am not getting as much milk anymore. Very frustrating. I keep going back and forth on being okay with this. My friends tell me that it is a good thing she weened herself. That it is much easier this way and it must mean that she is independent and feels so comfortable with me and has created that bond already. Sigh...
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment