Ella, my mom, Erin, Gabe and I headed over to Cathy's. My mom blew up her float and I got her all sunscreened up. I got in first and then my mom handed Ella to me. She shuddered from the chill of the water and inhaled like she does when the wind blows in her face. We started bouncing around and she started to smile. She loved it! It was great. We played motor boat, floated in the blow up crab and played with everyone.
Ella floating
As I had just seen on the news, babies can float, it is a natural response. I wasn't too sure on just letting her go so I improvised. I let go of her body and only held my hand behind her head. She really did float.She acted like she was trying to sit up, pulling her head up out of the water, tightening her tummy and pulling her feet out of the water. She did a really good job but wasn't super sure of being like that.
Aunt Erin and Ella
Mommy, Ella and Nonnie
Chillin' with my new sunglasses
After a few hours of fun in the sun we cooled off inside with a Dole Strawberry popsicle. Oh my goodness, you would have thought the girl never ate before. She was chewing the popsicle or gummin it really and taking out chunks! She laid down for a little while on a towel and blanket and maybe slept for about 20 minutes or so. Outside again she ate a bottle and then fell asleep on Mamaw. I love this picture!
Also, while at Cathy's she was on her belly going for my sunglasses. She got up on her hands and knees and took one or two crawl steps forward and then fell on her face! It was so exciting, not the falling on her face part but the crawling for the first time! She is just so close to just going. Finally the boys got there from the race and we had our cookout. At about 8:15 Ella was done. She had been there since 1:30 with very little nap so she was doing really well. Great Uncle Chris got a hold of her and made her cry, again, because he was doing way to much for a way too tired girl. Mamaw decided she would take her home so we could stay and socialize for a little while. About an hour later, as I was going to call her, she called Jimmy. Ella had been screaming for the past hour non-stop. I told her to take her to our house and put her in her own bed, but she went to her house instead. Ella was not a happy camper and way overtired. I left immediately to go get her. I sang to her the whole way home and then in her bedroom for about 2 minutes before she was out cold in her own bed! What a long day. Overall she was so good. Love my punkin.
No comments:
Post a Comment