Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

My very first Mother's Day. Aww so sweet to have her here to celebrate with. James and I decided to celebrate by taking our mother's out as well. Before we met though I had a great idea of a gift for them. Of course many of our gifts surround Ella, good thing our mother's love Ella almost as much as we do, so they like these kinds of gifts. I went to the store and got two picture frames that hold two pictures. On one side, we put one of her new 5 month pictures. On the other side I put my handprint with Ella's handprint inside for my mom. For James' mom we put Ella's picture on one side and James' handprint with Ella's handprint inside on the other. They were a big hit!

We all went to Applebee's to eat a delicious meal together. It was nice to have the 5 of us there. Ella sat on the table and played with the napkins. It takes SO much to entertain her these days :) She also sat in a highchair for the first time and ate some of her food. She is hilarious when she eats. Very animated and loud. She could make a commercial for sure. I know why campbell's slogan is mmm mmm good. Ella makes that noise every time she eats something she likes. Wide open mouth, she means business. Nobody messes with her meal time!
When we got home James said he had to leave. I was not very happy with him about that at first, but the more he told me he couldn't tell me where he was going, the more I figured it out. He wanted to leave to get my present. So I let him leave and he came back with a beautiful and very thoughtful necklace of Ella's birthstone. Although it was very pretty I decided it was too much money for us to spend and that I wouldn't wear it as much as something like a ring. We searched for rings that I could add a birthstone to and names as our family grows. I found one I really liked from Zales but you have to add two names and two stones to order it. Grr! I even called and they would not change it for anything. Then I had a friend suggest that James and I put our anniversary stone in there too. That could work possibly. We will see. Maybe I will just wait until the next one. Later I had to leave to go do something, and I had told James all I really wanted was her handprints. When I came back he had a huge picture frame that had white matte around it full of her footprints. He had put her picture in the middle of it. It was perfect. The pictures of her making it are priceless. The best first Mother's Day ever! I am definitely saving the card too. It said "From the both of us." Both!

No comments:

Post a Comment