Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, May 23, 2010

A couple more firsts!


Okay, I know Ella is in the 75% for weight but these sizes just have to be off. Today I had to get some grades done at school and James was going to work on the house so Mamaw and Papaw took Ella to the park. When I got home around 4 Ella was not home yet. James said his parents were just going to keep her until we came over for dinner. Well there was no way I was going to stay home without her when I had been gone from her all day! I got my swimsuit on, grabbed her 6-9 month old two piece suit, her baby pool and headed over to their house. It was so hot outside that they had only stayed at the park for a little while. Margaret told me when they were there Ella was such a people watcher. There were tons of birthday parties going on so kids were everywhere. When it was time to leave Ella threw a fit, or so they thought. When I got to their house I noticed a red mark on Ella's leg. It ended up turning into a bruise the next day which made Margaret think it might have been a bee sting. She had seen a bee in the car and maybe she didn't throw a fit but had gotten stung!

Anyway, it was hot enough to go for a swim, this was Ella's first time in the baby pool or in her suit. I had not tried it on her because going by the tag it should fit her just fine. Not so much. It was tight on her bottom without a diaper on and the top barely covered her. She still looked adorable but I decided to return it to the store and get a bigger size. I think she really liked the pool. The water was cool and I got in with her. We kicked and splashed and she was smiling trying to figure out what we were doing. The pool was a little smaller than I expected. When I got in, I barely fit! It was a fun time though.

When we got inside and got all dried off it was time for dinner. After we all ate it was time for a cool treat. Inside the freezer was ice-cream but also my favorite, flavor-ice. I got blue raspberry and went back into the family room. Just for giggles I thought I would see how miss Ella liked it. Well she just about stole the rest of my popsicle. She liked it so much she was sucking on it. A couple times she almost got too much and choked on it. We had to be very careful she only got a little bit at a time. She had a blue and a green and was all a mess. She sure did love it though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment