Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas time magic

There is something magical about Christmas time and the traditions you continue with your own family. Tonight we decorated our tree and mantle. Ella was more interested in dancing to the Christmas music playing but did stop every once in awhile to put on an ornament or direct me where to put one. Hadley peacefully snoozed in her bouncy seat, even through Duke giving her a tongue bath. Ella so sweetly "danced" with Hadley as she held the top of her bouncy seat and rocked back and forth to the music. We had fun just the two of us dancing as well in front of the lit Christmas tree. After the tree was done James went to work on the mantle in our front room. Our first Christmas in our new house and with miss Hadley J. When he was finished adorning the mantle with garland, nutcrackers, snowflake lights and stockings, I turned out the lights and called in Ella. She gasped as she saw the simple beauty. I gushed as I saw how simply beautiful she is. What happened next is one of those moments you wish you had a film crew filming every moment. One you wished you could capture on film or video and still be a part of the moment. One of those moments you secure in the camera of your mind to be locked in the safe of precious moments to never forget. James and Ella started dancing together. I couldn't help myself so Hadley and I joined in. There we were, the four of us, Ella holding Hadley's hand as she lay fast asleep on my shoulder, dancing together just as Have Yourself a Merry Christmas came on the CD player in the other room. Dancing in only the dim light of the christmas lights. A perfect moment. One where Ella wrapped her arms around us all and said, "Let's dance all of us together." So of course, I teared up. Holding in the overwhelming happiness transferred into tears. My little family, one bigger, one happier, that much more complete. I love Christmas. I love them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment