Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Something is working

First of all, this is hard adding a child to a blog. I don't want to slight either of them. I tried to start a blog just for Hadley, but then decided I should just add to this one, thinking it would be easier to add than to keep up with two blogs. I need to figure out how to post pictures on both sides so I can put Hadley's monthly pictures up too. Onto miss Hadley. The past two weeks have been ROUGH to say the least. That second child syndrome is kicking in early. Or maybe it's a blonde hair blue eye thing in our family. (sorry Roo) She was screaming inconsolably for hours. Now she would take some breaks for a few minutes here and there, but then out of the blue, BAM, she would hit you with this agonizing cry. She was in some serious discomfort. James and I were too. The feelings start out with, oh my poor baby, I just want to help you feel better. Then comes, come on Hadley, get it out, push out that bubble. Next the sleep deprivation starts to set in and it becomes, what is wrong with you?? Come on! Stop crying! Help! and then it is time to switch before we totally lose our cool. Thank goodness for my husband who knows when I am at the end of my rope and I know he feels the same for me being able to relieve him and knowing when he has had it too. Finally, we called the doctor and said, look, something is wrong. She prescribed Hadley Zantac to help with potential acid reflux and took me off dairy and soy. Do you know how many things have dairy? A LOT! Like CHEESE and MILK which apparently I eat a lot of and a lot of things I like to eat have on them. There was a point where I was so frustrated and told James, "I just want a glass of milk!" I can do it for her though. I am really hoping she doesn't have a milk protein allergy. Next week I will introduce dairy back in my diet and see if it changes anything. We are trying so many things, like Colic Calm, as well that I am not sure what is working...but something is! With a combination of Colic Calm (which looks like I am feeding her ink pen), the rock n play (thank you Tammy and Stef), Zantac, no dairy (except for the occasional thin mint) keeping her upright after she eats, something is helping. For the past 5 nights she has given us a 4-5 hour stretch of sleep and only a few nights with crying. Two nights in a row now she has gone with no belly ache crying. Which begs me to ask myself, why am I awake writing right now instead of taking advantage of the sleep right now at 11:11pm? I miss writing! So here I sit. Hopefully she really gets this down by the time I have to go back to work. I am worried about how I am going to get work done and sleep with a three year old, 3 month old and 25 6 year olds I am in charge of. Not exactly looking forward to transitioning back to work. I know it will be okay though. It has to be. It just has to work and I know I can make it. Priorities definitely switch though. Phases of life for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment