Friday, November 30, 2012
Surprise! Here comes Hadley!
The way things happen sure can be quite interesting. The last time we had gone to the doctor, he had informed me that he really wanted me to consider scheduling another C section. I really wanted to try a vaginal delivery but Dr. Star was concerned that with my tailbone and pelvic pain that I would end up injuring myself and then have to have a C section anyway. So I had decided in my mind we would tell him on Wednesday that we would go ahead and schedule the cesarian for Friday, November 2. Then if she decided to come on her own I would try it naturally. The day before at school I was miserable. I never remember feeling like that with Ella. I felt so heavy like I needed to carry my stomach. Aja had looked at me and told me how flushed I was at the end of the day. I had said it was because I was so uncomfortable. I didn't know how much longer I could do this and I really didn't think I was going to last for 2 more weeks. I had literally just decided to go ahead and schedule the c-section thinking about Ashley, who had scheduled an induction for that Monday and Charlotte decided to come on her own on Sunday instead. I thought to myself, a little superstitiously, that's all I need to do too and she will come early. Apparently that is all she needed to make her arrival. Since we were going At 6:09 AM, 3 hours before we were scheduled to go in for an ultrasound, I woke up because a lot of fluid had just leaked down my leg. Now since we had planned on going to the ultrasound at 9 and sleeping in a little bit, we had stayed up until around 1 or so in the morning. So when I said to James, hey babe, a lot of fluid just leaked out, he casually rolled over and said 'oh'. After I went to the bathroom, stood up and then even more fluid started coming out, I said, 'No, James, like I think my water broke." Then he woke up a little more and said "OH!" He jumped up out of bed in a fog and started to get the rest of our bag packed. It was seriously a good thing we had gone to Target that Monday to pick up things, otherwise we would have had even less ready! Thankfully, Ella was already with his mom since our parents take turns having her on Tuesdays. We stood around in disbelief and awe and then James decided to take a shower. He said, we have time, right, they always say you have time. I wasn't having contractions yet so I was okay with that. While he showered, I walked around not knowing what to put on to stop, or catch all the "water" that kept oozing out. I know beautiful picture right. I made several texts to friends at school and called my mom. She was in shock as well. I just remember feeling so excited! I didn't have this happen with Ella. I was hoping I would go into labor on my own and have my water break. Not many women's water breaks on its own. It was all so surreal. Now after about 10 minutes of him in the shower I was getting a little antsy. I had called the doctor to be paged, waited 15 minutes and he still hadn't called back. So I called the hospital again to page him again. This time he called back a few minutes later. No I wasn't having contractions, yes my water had broken, yes I still wanted to try a vaginal birth. Okay go ahead and come in.
We got to the hospital about 7:15 in the morning and I called my sister to let her know as we tried to figure out what door to go in. All this was new. We didn't know where to park or anything. As we entered the hospital, they got me a wheel chair and wheeled me up to a room while James parked the car. I got into a gown and out of my soaked pants and halloween "BOO" towel that I had used as a pad.
The nurse laughed as I told her exactly what time my water had broken. What can I say? I look at the clock in those situations!
Dr Star came in shortly after and told me he wasn't going to check to see how far along I was because we hadn't done the strepp B test yet and didn't want to risk infection. He said he would check when I was "in more pain". Really? Gee I can't wait for that! So 7 hours later...I was still at about a 3 or 4 pain wise. He checked me and I was only 1cm dialated and 80% effaced. Immediately my heart sank. This was just like with Ella. I was heartbroken. I thought my shot for having a VBAC were slipping away. He decided to start pitocin to jump start the contractions. I thought there was no way it would work because when they used pitocin to induce me last time there was no help at all and it all ended in c-section. Man was I wrong! 45 minutes later it felt like she kicked and then it was the WORST PAIN I HAVE EVER FELT IN MY LIFE! I immediately screamed out, oh my god I never want to have to feel that again get the doctor. My mom and James looked a little shocked to say the least. The anestiologist was there in probably under 10 minutes or sooner. While I waited and the doctor asked questions, I was in intense pain. I could barely see straight. It took all my energy to focus on what he was asking. I was annoyed that he was asking me all these questions when I was in so much pain. I couldn't even remember that I had surgery when he asked me about that. Finally after about 5 more contractions it was time for the juice. I was so nervous for him to poke me while I was having a contraction. He said it was fine just to hold very still.
After the medicine it was all better from there. I went all the way to a 4 in 45 minutes. Although it did not progress as fast as I thought it would. 17 hours later... it was time to push. I had my mom and sister stay with me. My mom was so happy I asked her to stay I thought she was going to cry right then. My sister video taped for me. At first I thought I only would want from my shoulders but I changed my mind. I won't go broadcasting it or anything, but I have her birth for me to see. I even got the mirror so I could watch her being born. They kept saying "you're almost there but it didn't look like I was at all. 45 minutes of pushing and out she came. Sticking her tongue out, blonde hair and beautiful. All mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment