I have been teaching Ella to sign more since we started feeding her solid foods. I knew that some day she would do it herself. The day has come! I came home last week and got out the leftover cheese cake I had. I sat down on the couch to indulge in a treat after work while Ella played on the floor in the family room. No sooner had I sat down then my little vulture came scurrying over for a bite. I gave her a little taste and she mmmmed with delight. She reached to grab more and I told her "tell me more." I signed for her and then took her hands and made her fingers touch together. Then I gave her another taste. We did this about 6 times and then she did it on her own! I didn't even ask her to and she did it.
Then the next night, she decided that 10 o'clock at night was a good time to wake up again. After several attempts to put her back to sleep we gave in and let her come out to play for a few minutes. I had made myself some dinner and it was sitting in a bowl on our couch. Ella stopped what she was doing, walked over to the bowl, stopped in front of it and signed more! I was so impressed that I had to give her a few bites. She never ceases to amaze me. The new things she picks up now are truly amazing. Now she does it ALL the time! I can't wait to teach her even more :)
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment