Tuesday, October 11, 2011
I love you mommy
The words have been literally spilling out of Ella's mouth. Some clear as day, others still you have to take in context to know what she is saying. The three and sometimes four word combos keep coming as well. "Help please" "Tasty sucker" "Sit up" "Stop it Daddy" and my new favorite..."I love my mommy". This afternoon after a very shitty parent phone call I was reading with Ella. She had made both James and I sit next to her giraffe and wolf as she picked out a book to read to us. She picked out the flap book called I Love My Mommy. It is a little flap book with different characters on it and all the reasons you know your mommy loves you and you love your mommy. Such as, "I love my mama and my mama loves me. I can tell by the way she plays with me." and so on and so forth. While reading this to us, we read the words to her and she repeated clear as day, I love my mommy. It melted my heart. Her words, as I think of them now bring me to tears. She has so much power. She made my horrible, defeating afternoon, fly away. My heart filled up and we asked her to say it again. Of course she did and then we had her say I love my Daddy too. The best was when she said it on her own tonight as we were going to bed. My sweet relief. So nice to soak up these moments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Super cute!
ReplyDelete