Holy moly just one month away from 2 years old. I can't believe how fast she is growing up. It is a little scary honestly. If I ever for a second thought that one year flew...sigh.
So the updates are:
CAST FREE! YAY! Bones healed wonderfully and no scare for growth or strength problems in the future.
Weight: Around 28lbs I think. She was 27 and ounces when she had her cast put on.
Height: Just over 34 inches according to our giraffe growth chart in her room, which she was very excited to add to today :)
Appetite: Still wonderful. She has the best palette imaginable. Seriously I would never think she would even try some of the things she does. Anything we try, she is up for. This makes meal time very easy.
Potty trained: YES! She is working on pulling down and up her own undies and pants now. There was a little set back with having one arm in a cast for 4 weeks! She still wears a pull up at nap time and bed time. Although, some days she wakes up dry.
Vocabulary: Oh my goodness I can't even keep up. She has turned into a parrot over the past week. Now everything we say she repeats. We really have to be careful now. She is putting 3, 4 and sometimes 5 word sentences together. She has the most sweet little voice too. I am so thankful to the one that created video because capturing these moments live are precious and irreplaceable.
Teeth: She has all but her left bottom incisor and no 20 month/2 year old molars yet. That should be fun!
Sleep habits: Fairly well. She is going to bed at 8:30 and James wakes her up around 7:30 to get her ready for Daycare. Some weekends she wakes up at 7:30 and other days 8 or 8:30. She is taking one nap usually for 2-3 hours. She has gotten on a good schedule at daycare for nap around 12:30-2:30. Every once in awhile she will fight it or take an extra long nap. Some night she will wake up and I will just bring her in with us to sleep. I secretly love this time together. And in the morning before I leave, looking at Ella and James sleep next to each other is the most precious memory maker.
Favorites: Singing! She sings to us and to herself all the time. Her favorite songs are 5 little monkeys (on the bed and in a tree), We are the Dinosaurs (one of my favorites too) and If You're Happy and You Know It.
Painting and drawing all the time, together, by herself, anytime! She is so sweet because now she will pull up a stool for me and tell me to sit and paint with her. She usually chooses the color I should use first too.
Reading to her dolls and animals. She will ask for my help (Help please mommy) and we will spread out the blanket on the ground. Then she goes around and sets every one up to read to. (I can't get enough!!!)
Activity level: HIGH!! She is having so much fun running around, laughing with us every day. She loves to dance, jump, SPIN (this is her new one and she is really talented at it), climb and slide. Officially a little monkey and she has almost perfected her CHEESE!
Dislikes: Letting mommy or daddy brush her teeth or hair. Although she will do it herself, but it is more like chewing the toothbrush and the hair is good to put up as long as there are no tangles.
She loves the bath too! She pretends to swim now and pushes herself back and forth on her hands.
Smarts: She knows all her colors and can say them. She compares things together, puzzles are a breeze, she can problem solve and tell what to use to help with something, she is working still on letters and numbers. She can tell me consistently O, S, Z, E, K and knows some others sporadically.
Oh this is just SO much fun!!! What a rush of emotions. Highs and lows and inbetweens. I think it just gets better too. Love her.
Some of my favorite moments just recently are when she says "hi mommy" as I walk in the door, and our special quiet moments in the light of her night light. I will smile at her and she smiles back at me. We look deeply into each other's eyes and it is like we are having a conversation without words. My own little mind movie.
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment