Friday, November 30, 2012
Ella is three...how can that be?
My little girl, the light of my life is three years old. I don't know how time does it, just slipping by sneaky like Swiper the fox. I know we have already shared many amazing memories together and it makes me smile to think of all the new memories we are going to make together and all the new stages of life we will enter together. Right now though, I am drinking in the wonderfulness that is my Ella. She is funny and sweet, so so smart, quick witted and stubborn and I love her all the more for it.
She is so thoughtful and I know loves me so much which just melts my heart. Here is one of the best things she said to me on her birthday weekend.
Ella to me on her third birthday: while sitting at the little table, eating lunch with her, I looked at her and said: "oh I can't call you two anymore. "Ella said " oh poor mommy. After my birthday you can call me two again."
Later while on potty I said I can't believe you're three and she said "I can be two and a half and three quarters"
We had the BEST weekend for her birthday. As hard and stressful as it was to get everything ready all by myself, James finally helped get the house cleaned and getting food ready, everything was worth it. The look on her face when she saw the house, the 6 foot castle I had gotten for her, the princess dress I got for her to wear (which when I lifted her up in the bathroom for her to look at the whole dress, she turned to me and said "You got this for me? I love you mommy") the cinderella on the wall I painted, the cinderella carriage cake I made for her, all her friends (13 3 year olds!) and the REAL CINDERELLA!!! the look was priceless. It all melted my heart. I wanted to cry and burst with joy and pride. Every day she gets funnier and sweeter and more amazing! I am so blessed to be her mother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment