Thursday, March 31, 2011
Following directions
I have always read that receptive language develops first and the expressive follows. This makes sense since babies and children can understand first before they can put into words we understand what they want and need. Ella simply astounds me though. Like just right now she was trying to get into her toy box but we have toys on top of it as well. The top obviously won't open with the things on top. She tried but couldn't get it open so she yelled to me and asked me to help by sign. I have been working with her on doing this by herself without my help. It is so hard not to just do it for her and save the day but I think it is important to teach her to try without me. She learns so much this way. Anyway, I told her to take the bucket and bunny down and she looked at me and then back to her toy box. Then she turned around and took the bucket off the toy box. Then I told her to take the drum down too and she took the drum down and then opened her toy box and got out her Elmo! So smart! She makes me such a proud mama!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment