Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, August 8, 2010

She walked! She walked!

She never ceases to amaze me. She is so determined to go where she wants and do what she wants already. I don't know if all babies are like this since she is my one and only but her personality continues to shine through. For the past week or two Ella has been climbing on everything. The official couch cruiser, over to the gate, on her walker, on the mantel, on your head, whatever she can hold onto to walk she does.
Then we were over at James' parent's house tonight and she took her first steps. I was too shocked to say anything. I was in complete awe and wonderment. I even said "Does that count?" But she really did it. James was sitting on the mantle with her standing between his legs with her elbows on his knees. I was sitting across from her on the couch and she just let go and started walking. Now usually she tries to use you to hold on as she walks but not this time. She just went. It was too funny. She went really fast, three steps and then down to the ground. James scooped her back up and put her back inbetween his legs. She let go again, took two more steps and did a face plant, just barely catching herself. It was crazy! She is going too fast. It is so exciting to see her grow and do new things, but when I sit back and think about it, it makes me a little sad. We can't do anything without her getting into it now. When I am loading the dishwasher she supercrawls over to the dishwasher, pulls herself up and decides she is going to help by taking all the dishes out! Out go the spoons, the forks, and she even tried to pick up a glass, but I caught that one! She follows us all over the house and chases us and laughs hysterically when we chase her. I catch myself just smiling all the time when with her or looking at pictures of her. You just can't help it!

No comments:

Post a Comment