After Michigan we came home for a few days and then left on Friday night to go to Cleveland. We were off to Cedar Point and to visit my Aunt Paula, Uncle Mark and cousins Emma, Lexie and Ian. We were going to be lucky enough to see them again in such a short time frame. I wish we all were closer because they are so good with Ella. I hate not being able to be more a part of their lives and them a part of ours. The love they show for Ella is overwhelming and we were so excited to go and visit again. We got their late at night and Lexie and Ian were there to greet us. They ran out the door after Louis, their dog, and greeted us but really were looking for miss Ella. She slept well on the ride there, which was a blessing. She is such a trooper for just taking two 8 hour drives and then two days later taking a 5 hour drive. As soon as we stopped at their house she was awake and ready to party! Soon after we arrived Mark and Paula were home from dinner and we all got settled in.
Lexie was kind enough to give up her room and the three of us stayed there. James was at first a little unsure if he could sleep in the entirely pink room and bed :) Around midnight or a little later we were all asleep. Ella woke up once in the night but no one even heard her cries. After a bottle she was asleep again, but this time on the bed inbetween us. I don't know what it was but she slept on the bed with us until 10 am. After a great breakfast, we were off to Cedar Point while Ella stayed home with Paula for a day of relaxation and shopping.
We had a great day at the park riding some great huge roller coasters. I was so stoked and anxious because I hadn't been on them in awhile and wasn't allowed to obviously while I was pregnant. After the first roller coaster had broken me in I was golden!
Paula kept us updated via text message and phone call. Ella blew out a diaper and had to have her jammies washed. I left several outfits for Paula to choose what she would wear that day. I knew that would be fun for her to get to do. After a nice nap, she woke up and a couple of Paula's friends came over to ooo and aaah at Ella. Next they went shopping where I am not sure who had more fun. We got the cutest picture while we were at the park of Ella with a gigantic bow on her head!!
We got back to the house around 10:30 and Ella was still awake since she had taken another late nap. She did NOT want to go to sleep that night and James and I took turns trying to wear her down. She finally fell asleep as did we not long after.
Sunday we spent just lounging around the house and spending time with each other. Ella took an early afternoon nap and we decided we would leave a little after she woke up again. Paula, Emma and I sat in Emma's room talking and cleaning until she woke up again. When she did we took some crazy pictures with the purple crazy hat Emma found as she was cleaning.
 |
| The dragster |
 |
| Emma, me, Lexie, Ian and Mark at Cedar Point |
 |
| Ella and her bow "remember Ella just pretend it's not there" |
 |
| Ella and G Aunt Paula |
 |
| Ian, Ella and Paula |
 |
| Emma and Ella |
 |
| Thanks Lexie for your rhythm sticks |
 |
| concentrating |
 |
| "This is fun" Ella and G Uncle Mark |
 |
| Peek a boo! |
 |
| Ella and Daddy sleeping in the PINK bed :) |
 |
| So cute |
 |
| Asleep in the car |
 |
| Alien Ella |
 |
| Smiley baby in Cleveland |
 |
| Check out those spikes! |
 |
| Cheese! |
 |
| Oh what she is going to say to us when she is older..."MOM! What were you doing to me?!!" |
We left around 4:30 and got home safely around 9ish. Safe and sound again at home. What a great vacation!!
No comments:
Post a Comment