Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Special moments with my almost 2 year old

Dynamic, compassionate, endearing, take my breath away Ella. My darling daughter continues to make my world the best place to be. I am figuratively drinking in the moments that take my breath away as Ella literally drinks in the bath water that takes her breath away! My little munchkin is so crazy sweet. As I gave her a bath tonight I was telling her to swim. She was repeating me saying "Swim! Swim!" and pretending to swim  in the bathtub. I told her, "Ella, blow bubbles." She then proceeded to drink the bath water instead of blow bubbles. I told her YUCK and she repeated in her little voice, which makes me so grateful for video and tape recording. Next she had me blowing bubbles too. "Mommy try it" she tells me and pushes me into the bathtub with her. She tried to get me to get ALL the way in with her and go swimming too, but I managed to get away with just leaning in to blow bubbles with her. After all our fun in the tub, it was time to get out and get dry. I picked her up and wrapped her in a towel and held her close to me. We stopped to look in the mirror together and make some silly faces. I would say "aaaaaaaa" in all different tones and she would mimic me. Then we stuck out our tongues, made big smiles and all sorts of silliness. The next part is what made me stop and drink her in, like the bathwater. She laid her face against mine, then laid her head on my shoulder. She kept repositioning herself and looking at us in the mirror. The warmth and sweet angelic look on her face was amazing. Words can not express the beauty of this moment. I whispered to her "I love you Ella" and she whispered back "I love you too Mommy." Only the words weren't perfect in the English we know and use. Her words were more than perfect, if you can imagine such a concept. I don't even know how to type it to capture the essence, the purity, the innocence of her utterance. It was simple, sweet and true. They were words for me. She meant them because she knows not how to lie. She loves me and I love her and that is my take my breath away Ella. That's how she makes my world the best place to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment