Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Updates and cute little stories...

I want to always remember these cute little moments of Ella. The time is passing so quickly and this age is so much fun! This past week with her Nonnie, she has been able to sort 5 different colors of counting bears into the appropriate same-color cup. She showed me when I got home from work and I was amazed at what she could do. She scanned all the cups and then put the bear in the right one! Time and time again. We have been painting a lot at home and almost every time we do, she points to each cup before she paints and looks at me. I know she is asking me to tell her the colors, so we do. About 3 times each every time. She says blue now and tries to say some of the other colors, mouthing the words with no sound coming out.
Recently we purchased an alphabet puzzle from Once Upon a Child. She has been playing with it and enjoying the pictures on the shapes of each letter. I started to ask her about a few of the letters a couple days ago. She picked up "S" so I told her what it was. We talked about the snake on the s and the sound it makes. Then I asked her where the S was a lot :) The next day I asked her where the S was and she picked it right up! She did the same with the Z. Such a curious critter she is. You can see how she yearns to learn new things and soak them up like a sponge.
Then the past two days, she has gone potty on the potty for my mom! Both just by chance, but potty on the potty all the same. My mom said she made a big celebration out of it. We missed it both times, ugh! I don't think we are quite ready to go hardcore potty-training but the interest she has is good. Who knows, maybe we will start soon. We just have to get ready for it more so than her!
Last little cute story of the day...while we were back at my mom and dad's, delivering the picture frame of our Father's Day Indians game, Ella was playing with her cups and buckets in the water. She gets quite a kick out of this and will play for hours filling up the buckets, dumping them out, filling the dogs water bowls, etc. She even let me fix her hair today and she was playing with the water. My mom even said, "Look how good she is being, I don't remember you being that good." referring to having her hair messed with (which she let me put in pigtails again today with NO fuss!) A little bit later, Ella was off the deck, walking through the grass way out into the middle of the yard, carrying her red and yellow cups, full of water. Both Yankee and Maggie were out there and once she got to Yankee, she stopped, gave her a drink of water from her cup and then went to Maggie to do the same. How incredibly sweet and thoughtful my mom and I thought. She is just one big sack of sugar! Love my little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment