This past weekend I finally got Ella to let me put her hair in pigtails. She wore it that way to the our race party cookout with the family and then the next day to the pool. She automatically looked so much older. Like two year old older. Like not a baby by any color of the word older. Like where did my little one go? older. Such a big girl with her own opinions and ideas. For example, telling her Daddy "no" as she WAVED HER FINGER back and forth at him. He almost lost it because it was SO funny. He even tried to get her to do again for me to see when I got home from soccer practice. This girl brightens up my day, not only because lately she is being such a mama's girl, which I love, but just in how I can see her think and process and laugh. She gets humor. She does things just to make you laugh. When we took Aunt Roo to lunch the other day she put her spoon in her mouth, shook her head, made the spoon go up and down and then looked to us for our reaction. Then she did it again so we could take a picture. She is a character. I love it. So independent and dependent all at the same time. Beautiful. Mine.
On one of our days together this summer we went outside to play with the sidewalk chalk before I had to leave for soccer practice and before Daddy came home. She just looked so big as we played in the swing and drew our pictures I had to capture the moment.
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment