First of all, I must say that I love reading all my friends blogs about their growing little ones too. I can either relate to something that Ella has already gone through and reminisce about the time she was doing something like that or I get excited to see what the future holds! This is another reason I love to blog, hoping that others enjoy reading and sharing all the fun that I have with Ella, relating to what they have seen and looking forward to the future fun.
Yesterday was no different story. I am teaching summer school now and working at Easterseals Crossroads to finish my last class for my Master's Degree. I will officially graduate on July 23, 2011! With that being said, that means I am not home for atleast half of the day during the week. Very sad for me, but great for my mom (Nonnie) and for anyone else that is lucky enough to be with my little munchkin while I am at work.
Ella got to spend all day with Nonnie yesterday. She started her day by sleeping in until a quarter after 9 (WOW), went to Lowe's with Nonnie and then took out Roo to lunch. Ella actually slept on the booth at Applebee's while Nonnie and Aunt Roo had lunch, but she was present :)
When they got home, after a small nap, Nonnie got out the new swimming pool and pool toys for the two of them to play with. When I got home around 1 I went right over with my suit! Ella is in love with dumping the water from the buckets, pouring water from one bucket to the next, chasing play fish and counting bears, and playing with her non-waterproof doll in the pool. Last week, when we went to the Monon Center, I was impressed at how she could just play, mesmorized with the water and the toys to contently without my interaction at all.
Now she did want some help at times and to splash with you every once in awhile but for the most part she was content entertaining herself. We were having so much fun that we stayed all the way til dinner time. It is so wonderful living so close to both our parents. It makes trips over so easy and fun, even relaxing. The best part yesterday was singing songs in the pool. Ella and I have done many a swim lesson so we know lots of songs and motions for the pool. Our favorites are "The Wheels on the Bus" and "Grand Ol Duke of York" and of course "Humpty Dumpty."
In swim lessons we did Humpty Dumpty for the kids to practice sitting or standing on the wall and jumping in and then finding the wall again. Ella LOVES this and was doing it with her baby doll in the water!! I would sing the song and she would take the baby up and then down into the water when I said "had a great fall."
What was amazing was when I started singing the Wheels on the Bus she took her baby, spun round and round, made her baby dance back and forth, then put her up and down for the people on the bus, made her swish back and forth for the wipers, made her baby rub her eyes for the babies going "waaa" put her babies finger to her mouth for mommies say "shhh shh shh"!! My mom and I could hardly believe it!
Then we did the Grand Ol Duke of York and sure enough Ella took her baby doll and lifted her up and down to go along with the song! She is just so much fun! This summer continues to get better and better!
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment