Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, May 20, 2011

Blowing Bubbles

Yesterday I took the day off to spend with Ella. It was the last day of Kindermusik and oh how I have missed going to music class with her. Our little present was a container of bubbles. After a nap and a trip to visit Daddy we decided to go to Holiday Park. The last time we were there we were taking her down the slides. She couldn't even walk yet but we all enjoyed the slides and swings. This time was completely different. She was a wild woman! As soon as I set her on the sidewalk by the parking lot, she was pulling me along behind her. I could barely keep up. She was talking and waving to every child she saw and almost squealing with glee. We ran up the ramps, drove the equipment, went down the slides, through the tunnels, on the swings, everywhere! She impressed me as she climbed the rock wall and had no fear as she went down the slides. Unfortunately, I took her braveness a little too far and let her go down a huge slide! I failed to realize how high up the end of the slide was from the ground. She flew down the slide and off the end of it and fell on her face. She stood up and whimpered a little bit as I raced down the stairs to get to her. Thinking back, I should have just gone down the slide after her. She had dirt all over one side of her face, her hands dirty and her pants covered with dirt. As soon as she saw me she was okay. She brushed off her hands and was off and running again. I had to slow her down to brush the dirt from her hair and cheek!
I loved how much she was talking to me about everything she saw. She was enthralled by the chain that blocked off the plants around the park. She went around to many shaking them and checking them out. Later we went to the picnic table for a little lunch/snack. She ate all her peanut and butter sandwich, puffs and some water. Then I remembered I had the bubbles in her bag. I broke them out and the wind took the bubbles away. Two older kids saw the bubbles and ran over to play too. I think Ella was more excited to see them play with the bubbles than she was to play with the bubbles herself. Then I thought I would see if she could blow them. Now she has gotten pretty good at blowing her food when it is hot but I was not expecting what I got. She took a breath in and blew! A great blow which set several bubbles free into the sky. I was SO impressed!! She did a better job than the two other kids that were probably 6 and 8. My big girl!! Here is a video of her today showing Daddy how well she can blow bubbles.




1 comment: