This past Thursday I was lucky enough to be able to watch Jamie's daughter Ellie. She is 8 months older than Ella so about 20 months old. It was a hoot to be able to see what I have in store for the future. For example, I built a tower with blocks, Ella knocked it down and Ellie built it back up again. The little things amaze me. She was such a talker to, asking all the time "what's that" and telling me all about what she thought. Ellie would babble and talk in words that I could understand. The really cute thing was that when Ellie started talking, Ella would start talking more too.
The morning started a little uneasy as Jeff had a hard time leaving with Ellie crying. Of course I knew she would stop shortly after he left, which she did about 5-10 minutes later. The girls played very well together. Ella loved chasing Ellie around on the giraffe bike and trying to play with whatever Ellie had. Ellie was a little less excited about sharing all the time and one time climbed the couch in attempt to escape Ella.
In the morning we went to music class together. I felt so proud of myself for being able to handle both of them out and about. Music class went perfectly as Ella loves music and dancing and Ellie was such a good listener and followed directions so well she was able to really enjoy the class as well! Soon after we got home, we went over to my Mom's to let the dogs out. Ellie confiscated the train toy and would not give it up so it came back home with us. Then off to Target for a quick trip to get some more diapers. By this time it was 12:15 and both girls were getting closer to naptime. Ella actually fell asleep on the three minute drive from Target to our house. Ellie was so cute pointing at her and wondering what she was doing sleeping in the carseat. Soon after I laid Ella down it was time for Ellie to go down for a nap.
Jamie warned me that she can escape from her pack n play so I kept a close ear for little feet on the floor. Low and behold she climbed out. I laid her back in bed and covered her up. She cried for such about 30 seconds and fell asleep. Both girls were asleep for 2 hours at the same time! That is pretty lucky and awesome from what I hear from parents with multiple children.
Then around 2:30 they were up again, ready for a snack, and ready to play again. Before I knew it, Jamie was here to pick her up. We had quite the successful day playing outside with the dogs, swinging, music class, lunchtime and naptime. I think I might be able to handle another one in the future. Not the extremely near future, but soon enough. The way this time is flying I am sure it will be here in no time at all.
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment