With three of my teacher friends just having babies, it makes me reminisce about when Ella was born. I can remember staying in the hospital and having such a hard time giving her up to the nursery at night. I was good though and followed the advice of many family and friends and let her sleep in the nursery so we could sleep at night for a few nights. One of my teacher friends just told me she was happy to be home but missed her nurses. I can remember that feeling too, like oh geez I have to do this all by myself now.
One of my favorite memories while we were still in the hospital was all of Ella's sleep smiles. We took video of it one day, but that video got erased, stupid computer. She would doze off and crack a little smile, then a bigger one, and huge gummy smiles as well. I liked to think she was talking to the angels. I wondered what she was dreaming or what she could possibly have to dream about in the two days she had been out in our world. Just now as I rocked with her in my arms to take her morning nap she smiled. She smiled one of those huge smiles that melts your heart and makes you wonder where 11 months has gone. My smiley girl both awake and asleep, even with her poor stuffed up nose!
Friday, October 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment