Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, May 13, 2013

Oh she is SO my daughter

I can't keep up with all the funny things Ella says. She is hilarious and sweet and so smart. I have to write down these three things before I forget.

This afternoon as we were driving home from school, Ella and I were talking. I said to her that she was going to be 3 and a half this Saturday. I was telling her to get her prepped that Fatima would be taking pictures and I wanted her to actually take pictures this time. As she has gotten older she has started to not be as cooperative when it comes to picture time. It might have something to do with taking them every month...oops! Well, before I could even tell her that part she said, "after 3 and a half, then I'll be four?" "Yes." "Then I'll be five and I'll go to KINDERGARTEN!!" and she squealed with delight. Okay sister, let's slow down a little bit, right? 3 and a half snuck up on me fast enough, I don't need her rushing to be 5. Then it turned into the following conversation:

Ella: Then when I grow up I will go to work, at a school, like you, and teach kids. (thoughtful pause) We could be in the same room! We could both teach the kids!!
Me: That would be fun, we could teach together.

Then she looks out the window and thinks she sees James and said, "there's Daddy."
The car passes and I told her no, that was a girl and she was driving in the wrong direction.

Here comes the good part....

Ella: Daddies are boys and mommy's are girls. Kids can be boys and girls.
Me: Yep, you are right.
Ella: I like boys.
Me: Oh you do? What boys are in your class?
Ella: Adam. He is so silly. Me and Amari and Callen chase the boys.
Me: Oh really?
Ella: Yeah. They say, "girlies, girlies, we're going to marry you" Then we chase them. And I kissed Gabe!

Me: (inside my head) WHAT!! (to her as I try to control my laughter) You did!?
Ella: (hangs her head) No.
Me: Ella you won't be in trouble, I'm not mad at you. Tell me the truth, did you kiss Gabe?
Ella: Yes.
Me: Where?
Ella: By the steering wheel.
Me: On the playground? Did your teachers see you?
Ella: No
Me: (realizing how much she is MY daughter, and how much trouble I am in) Okay, well we can give hugs but no kisses at school.
Ella: Okay.

Then I called James and told him and he was NOT happy. When he got home later he told her she was only allowed to kiss him. Ha ha. We are in for a long ride with this one. I am sure I will not be laughing later. I will need to remember this story and read it in about 10 years.

Later, when we got home, I told Ella to wait since the dogs were right at the door. She told me she would wait on the porch swing. So I took Hadley inside, let the dogs out and fed them. As I was walking back to the front door I hear Ella knocking saying, "hey you locked me out!"

Then she told me this joke: Knock knock. Who's there. Honey bee. Honey bee who? Honey be nice and open the door.  I about died!
Then she said that Ava says this one: Knock knock. Who's there. Ice cream. Ice cream who? I scream for you to open the door. ( I later figured out when she said the kids were saying these jokes that it is going to be for her end of the school year picnic on Wednesday. She keeps saying she is not invited and that Mrs. Harden doesn't call her name to go to the picnic, but I think maybe only the 5 year-olds that are moving on are putting on a little show. Obviously, Ella does not understand this because she has been upset about it since last week insisting she is not invited to the picnic.)
Then finally, Knock knock. Who's there. Orange. Orange who? Orange you gonna open the door?

Paired with the look on her face and the laugh she had as she was delivering each line, this was yet another priceless moment in our lives together.

No comments:

Post a Comment