Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, January 6, 2012

From Shakey cheese to Sprinkles

When we were little my sister had some interesting names for things. She called Cool Whip "white butter" and when we said grace before dinner it was always "lettuce" thank him for our food. Well, parmasean cheese was no exception. Since you had to shake it out of the container, it was forever dubbed "shakey cheese." Actually, to this day we still use that term in my parent's house.
Now tonight, my own little princess came up with a new name for "shakey cheese." We made spaghetti for dinner and James always uses parmasean cheese on top of his sauce. I have never really used it but we had it out on the table. After watching James put the cheese on his sauce, Ella asked, "Can I have some sprinkle cheese?" The cutest thing ever. I know my eyes just lit up. I knew this would be another tradition that I would keep in my own little family. A special name that would now forever be used in the Skinner household. Of course, I had to call my sister and mom and dad and let them know immediately that a new name had been donned!

No comments:

Post a Comment