Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Music to my ears

So this past two weeks we have been working with Ella on potty training. We started out slowly and gradually have become more consistent with her. Over the weekend, while James and I went to Chicago to celebrate a wonderful 5 years of marriage, Ella stayed with his parents. We gave them the potty seat, the training undies, the fruit loops, all the essentials and headed out to enjoy our Saturday night on the dinner cruise. When we were driving home on Sunday, we were informed that not only had Ella already gone potty 3 times that day but one of them Ella actually went and got her Mamaw and took her to the bathroom and then went! I was so excited. Then this past Tuesday, I took Ella to my friend Tammy's house to watch her while I had soccer practice, went to school for a little bit and then went to Crossroads for a couple hours. She pottied for Tammy 3 times successfully and had two accidents. Wonderful. Then yesterday we went to play with Kiptyn and Michele. First we went swimming and then got kicked out because the pool was "unsafe" as far as the levels of chlorine or lack there of. Yikes! When we got back to their house Ella used the potty at Michele's! She has one accident while we were there as well but that is all the learning of it. She still is not completely uncomfortable with the feel of things. When we got home, after she refused to take a nap, she was helping me clean the house. I was cleaning the bathroom and had her potty chair next to our toilet with the potty seat still on the big potty. As I walked down the hallway I saw Ella, adorned only in her t-shirt and training undies, sit on her potty chair. Mind you, it was missing the seat part, but the little bowl to catch the pee was still there. Now, we got Ella a fancy princess potty chair full with bells and whistles. It plays music when you pee! It has a sensor on it so when wetness hits it, it cues the music. So as I am walking down the hallway, sweeping I see her sit down, then I hear it! The music was playing! My first reaction honestly was "did she dip the little bowl into the big toilet and then put it back and it got wet?" No! I ran in there and she had really gone! She forgot to pull down her undies but she had gone enough to get the music to play. Oh we did a BIG dance and made a huge deal of it all. Really quite the sight to see I am sure. But she was awful proud of herself and so was I. We called Daddy and both grandma's and aunt Roo to tell them all about it. Later that night, she went potty at the Monon Center and then one more time she had an "almost made it"  when we got home. I am impressed with how well she is doing. The last time she did she almost hopped off the potty because she was dancing with us and jumping up and down. She smiles real big and claps her hands. Oh it is so cute. Who would have ever thought you would be so happy for a little pee :) But it is truly music to my ears...

No comments:

Post a Comment